Role based in Kampala, Uganda
Start date: Immediate
Who we are
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many African cities, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a Ugandan-based startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) and cars more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward.
As a leading East African tech company, SafeBoda relies heavily on the quality and reliability of its information technology systems and services.
Our Operations Team is looking for a highly motivated, Communications Associate who will be in charge of all communication between the company and the SafeBoda Driver Community.
- Manage the all-round SafeBodas and Safe Car drivers' communications
- Manage and ensure timely and effective communications on online and offline platforms for example Facebook groups, WhatsApp, Tik Tok, and posters.
- Updating branding materials - Ensure that the drivers are seeing the right posters/videos/artworks at any given time.
- Social media management - Lead the content creation for the SafeCar and SafeBoda social media platforms eg Facebook groups, WhatsApp, Tik Tok
- Lead on content creation for campaigns and major communications across the whole of Operations and Support on managing and ensuring that the comms are effectively sent out and on the right platforms
- Manage the communications plan, and calendar and liaise with all departments to ensure that communication is always available and understood
- Advise the Operations Leadership on how to improve the communications process and platforms
- Increase driver utilization by matching drivers to the customers through communications
- Lead on Market research initiatives that provide the company with relevant insights e.g Surveys
- Manage the driver reward system and related campaigns.
- Should have a bachelor's degree in communications or a related field.
Should have a communications background for at least 6 months.
- Thinks on their feet, works fast, and is adaptable to a fast-growing environment and changes
- Should be creative, timely, and pays attention to detail - Able to create Facebook content to keep SafeBodas engaged
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and execute effectively
- Proficiency in English and Luganda languages
- Should be a great team player and has the ability to work with the different teams in Operations and SafeBoda as a whole
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills
- Love our product and be curious about how it works and be a strong advocate on the way SafeBoda can transform the livelihoods of drivers
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do, and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work with our dynamic and fast-paced team. .
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch
The need for this role is urgent and we’d like to find the best candidate for the job. If you think you would be a good fit, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com. Kindly note that the deadline for sending in Applications is on Thursday, January 19th, 2023 at 11:59 PM.