Start date: ASAP
Who we are?
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. With the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Uganda, we are a venture-funded company (Series B)that has a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer in Node JS to keep building and maintaining one of the best apps in the East African market. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming for the long-term success of our business. The ideal candidate will work for hand in hand with our Tech Leads (backend and Mobile) and Product Managers.
At SafeBoda we always try to work with the latest technology and we are obsessed with the user experience. We have 5 key parts to our product; Driver App (Android), Passenger App (Android and iOS Apps), Partner App (Android), Internal Portal (Vue.JS and Elixir), and API Team (PHP migrating to Node JS and Elixir).
Desired Technical Skills
● Strong knowledge in the backend proved by 3+ years of NodeJS software development experience
● Experience developing in Node JS and its frameworks,(Express, NestJS, etc)
● Strong knowledge of best practices (we love SOLID!)
● Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
● Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
● Care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
● Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Familiarity with continuous integration
Desired Personal Skills
● Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, engineering, or similar.
● Critical thought, analytical thinking, and good communication skills
● Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
● Good organizational and time management abilities
● Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
● Willing to go above and beyond ; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
● An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing.You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
● Demonstrated ability to work independently
● Empathy, respect, and a big sense of humor; we are people before engineers
● English communication skills
● Flexible work hours - We’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
● Remote working
● A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is one of our core values
● Grow yourself -At SafeBoda, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
● Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
● Opportunity to travel in East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
Readyfor the Challenge?