Payments Sales Associate
Role-based in Kampala, Uganda
Start date: Immediate
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for
Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is
providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and
other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Barcelona, Kampala, and
Ibadan, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East
The Payments and Financial Services team promotes the use of the SafeBoda wallet by customers, drivers,
and partners for rides and cashless payments like airtime, data, fuel, and bill payments and now are
looking for someone to specifically focus on growing the sales of SafeBoda’s services. This involves
identifying new customers for SafeBoda services, and understanding the user experience and our
customers’ needs while coordinating with different teams across the business to improve these.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Promotion and active selling of the company’s delivery services.
● Ensuring that you meet very aggressive sales targets.
● Analyzing and preparing operational and sales reports.
● Working closely with other departments in Operations to ensure company targets are
appropriately set and achieved.
● Solving customer queries and ensuring we maintain a good relationship.
● Servicing the needs of existing customers, ensuring that all aspects of their needs are being
met, and developing opportunities for any arising customer needs.
● Identifying new business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their
position in the industry.
● Upselling and cross-selling to existing customers.
● Perform any ad hoc activities assigned by your Line manager.
● Have +2 years experience in sales related role(s) for external applicants.
● Degree in any business-related field or its equivalent. (Minimum Diploma)
● Have a basic knowledge of using Excel and Google sheets.
● Have high sales acumen.
● Think on their feet, works fast, and be adaptable to a fast-growing environment and
● Be timely, and outspoken; able to give relevant feedback in a timely manner.
● Be able to work under minimum supervision and execute eectively.
● Be a great team player and have the ability to work with the dierent teams in
Payments and SafeBoda as a whole.
● Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set
of experiences and skills.
● Love our product, be curious about how it works and be a strong advocate for the way
SafeBoda can transform the communities.
● Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything they do, and constantly fly
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth.
● Contribute to our mission and work with our dynamic and fast-paced
● Free SafeBoda transport
● Free lunch
● Community– We started as a small community of Boda drivers and we never forget this. We
share lunch and we care about our community of sta, drivers, entrepreneurs, and
● Innovation– We challenge the status quo and believe that positive change is possible. We
bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
● Transparency– We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our
experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and on
our own personal performance so that we can improve every day.
● Safety– If we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for
● Trust– We expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one
another in everything we do.
● Integrity- We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our
actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
● CollectiveCommitment- Teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a
decision is being made. However, everybody must commit to it once a decision has been
made. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
● Come join us! The need for this role is urgent, and we’d like the right candidate. Send an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com with the subject; “
,” stating why you would like to be a Payments Sales Associate
and of course attach your CV/Resume. The deadline is Friday, 2nd December 2022.