SENIOR GROWTH MANAGER
Role-based in Kampala, Uganda
Start date: Immediate
Who we are:
At SafeBoda we believe that everyone in African cities should have access to affordable services at a click of a button. Our platform is carefully designed to meet the needs of African consumers as a one-stop shop for transportation, payments, and on-demand services. While motorcycle taxis serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. Our safe, convenient, transportation platform provides for Africa’s booming young population as well as creates community and stability for our rider fleet. Our payments and on-demand services empower our users to transfer money, pay bills and deliver packages instantly from the comfort of their homes.
Operational in Uganda, we are a venture-funded Series B company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in Africa. Our backers include Google, Unbound, GoVentures (GoJek’s VC), AllianzX, Yamaha, and Beenext, among others. We have a passionate and highly engaged team of superstars based in East and West Africa. Together we aim to revolutionise transport and payments delivery in Africa’s cities.
As the Senior Growth Manager, you will be at the forefront of SafeBoda's growth strategy. You will work directly with the CFO and Senior Management on running pricing and other experiments to drive growth and improve our marketplace. In addition, you will identify key developments that will dictate our long-term growth, working alongside the Product team as the company builds system enhancements.
- Develop growth strategies for enhancing our marketplace;
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities within our existing marketplace and for future products;
- Build pricing models, run experiments, and present results to Senior Management;
- Working with the Product Team to identify enhancements that will lead to growth;
- Testing hypotheses and analysing large datasets to optimise growth opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Have 4+ years of experience in a professional or start-up environment;
- A strong data background - You are comfortable managing and analysing large datasets using a range of programs including Python; basic knowledge of PostgreSQL is a plus
- Practical data-collection experience - You are comfortable organising surveys, interviewing customers, and collating information;
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills;
- Highly motivated and accepting of failure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills , and the ability to work with staff at all levels
- Strong undergraduate degree (or higher) with demonstrated strong academic performance;
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve.
- Competitive salary
- Free tasty lunch every day for all staff at the SafeBoda academy
- Free SafeBoda wallet balance to take daily rides to and from work
- Health insurance
- Paid annual leave
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from SafeBoda leadership
- Be a critical part of a team at the pinnacle of tech entrepreneurship in Africa
- Community – we started as a small community of Boda drivers and we will never forget this. We share lunch and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs, and customers.
- Innovation – we challenge the status quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
- Transparency – We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and our performance so that we can improve every day.
- Safety – if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?
- Trust – we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one another in everything we do.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
- Collective Commitment - teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made; however, everybody must commit to it once a decision has been made. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
Ready for the Challenge?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC email@example.com, attaching your CV and a Cover Letter indicating why you are the right fit for the role. Please use “Senior Growth Manager Application” as the email subject